Friday, March 9, 2012

Yoo 299 - Running Motivation and Life Woes

This one's for the Gregsome. He ran 11 miles last Saturday. (fueled on an icee, no less). Bought a pair of real running shoes. (they're hot, too). Is running his first 10k this Saturday. (rain or shine, right boy??). And will be off to the capitol city next weekend for a wild half-marathon. (rock n' roll, you understand).

Basically, he's becoming one of "us".






Anyone else remember that Adidas campaign?? Good stuff.

And now, in case you're lacking in running motivation for this weekend, here are some of my Runner's World motivational poster favorites (per recommendation from the Alishafriend).



Sadly, those two hit the heart of my real running motivation...


And I'm a firm believer in that one after enduring icicle lashes and frozen boogers in Rexburg, ID for 3 years. And Nebraska, too, for that matter. Kyoo mom...doesn't that look like our country roads??

In other non-running news, I fixed my shower. All by myself and for 16 dollars, no more. But, I'm kind of scared when I'm standing in there. I mean, now I know it's possible for that faucet to shoot off like a canon, and I'm not entirely sure it won't do that again.

So I've been straddling the sides while I'm in there (sorry for that mental image...) so it has a clear line of fire down the middle...and not at the middle of my calf.

"So how'd you lose your leg?"

"Oh, you know, my shower fired on me..."

Also, I thought my iPhone woes were over today when I bought a used phone from my sister's roommate. But (and this a big but) I asked every question except the most critical one.

"Is this phone AT&T or Verizon?"

Yep, yet another dork stamp. Got the phone, and it's in great condition, but it's definitely Verizon. No SIM card slot.

Shucksaroo.

Luckily I can send it back without losing any money, but it was an emotional crash when I realized it wasn't going to work. One minute I was so excited thinking I finally had a new phone (and for cheap), and the next it was ripped right out of my fingers again.

Not to mention my makeshift phone crashed hard today too. Like, I can't even turn the thing on anymore, hard.

Are you just totally depressed for me??

Here's to Friday and fun weekend plans. And good luck to my Gregrunner, of course!

Have a great day :-)


No comments: